Friday, 11 November 2016

November 2016 update

It's been very quiet in this blog for awhile because there have been some major changes in my life recently. Changes that I initiated at the start of the year and are only now reaching the stage where the projects are completing and transitioning to business as usual.

The really important projects don't get mentioned on this blog until they are complete. Experience has shown that certain types of projects do not do well when they are publicised too early.

The long and the short of it is that I have moved out if London and changed jobs. The planning and preparation took 5 months, putting it in to action took 2.5 months.

To bolster the project I used a variety of magical techniques. Prayers for prosperity using Psalms and the prayers for financial success in the book Walking in the Fire. Combined with this I used numerous non-specifically magical techniques as outlines in the post about job hunting.

I learned during this journey that certain acts have a detrimental effect, in particular in job hunting. Also, building up one's patience to trust in the groundwork done in the first 5 months during the 2.5 months of being out of work - was for me quite hard.

The downside of being outside of London is that I am away from Treadwells, my favourite occult bookshop, as well as many of my magical friends. Plus I miss London itself. The city had me under her spell for over 15 years. There is something magical in traveling deep underground on the tube each day and feeling reborn after a literal journey through the world under our feet.

The benefits of the move are still crystallizing, but as a long term planner I know that good things require patience. One benefit that materialized recently was meeting a fellow Abraham Abulafia enthusiast. To find someone whose obsession matches and exceeds my own was very gratifying.

During the 2.5 month gap I forced myself to renew my study of Hebrew. I am learning 8-10 new words each day and my level of linguistic immersion has deepened significantly. Finally after many years of dreaming I will soon be ready to do some meaningful translation work of the Kabbalists whose life's works gave been cluttering my book shelves.

In closing I’m glad that a long term project hes worked out OK. there were some bumps on the road, but trusting in the principles of project management and magic helped turn it in to a success. I’d never thought that starting this blog six years ago that a combination of project management and magic & mysticism would get me this far. To be honest it was a bit of a joke at the start. However, regardless of the curious intermingling of disciplines I have got a lot of mileage out of it.

Coming up next: 6 year review and the plan for the next 6 years...