Saturday, 7 November 2015

Blinkers

Constancy of world-views

Recently I met up with a friend I've not seen in eight years. This is unusual for me because... well I don't have many friends and it was interesting to see how our lives have diverged over the years and yet our viewpoints have remained largely the same. That got me thinking about confirmation bias...

So when this friend sent me a story by Isaac Asimov called the Last Question (PDF and audio), I tried hard to read it with as open a mind as possible. If you've not read it - I heartily recommend it but don't let that influence your decision...


Interviews with Leading Jewish Scholars of Kabbalah

After digesting that little gem, you might also like to watch this set of mini-clips. Same caveat regarding confirmation bias applies...