Sunday, 1 March 2015

Feedback

Feedback Rant
Seems there's been some feedback to various blogs asking for magical techniques. I think that this is great! Bloggers getting constructive feedback, what more can you ask for?

People blog about magic in theory, to promote books & courses, magic in practice, its manifestations in the wider world, etc. Each blogger has their own reasons for blogging, but something that I have been noticing of late is that people leaving comments on blogs almost universally agree with the topic being blogged about.

This "yes men" culture as I call it is something I consider to be troubling. Perhaps I am being naive thinking that the blogosphere is a place for debate - but this request about for blogs to carry more magical practice information / experiences seems to have hit a nerve. I think that is a good thing as blogging is in my view trying to form a connections with the readers.

If the readers ask a question that causes friction - this can either be turned in to something positive... or shot down. From my simplistic view of things, this instance appears to have favoured the latter option.

Give the Readers what they Want
So as a blog author you can write whatever you want and that is exactly what drives the entries here at Golem Builder central. In truth, very little thought goes in to these updates - they are just a way for me to record and reference my thoughts, experiences, spiritual bookmarks.

I've not been personally been asked for any magic techniques and I don't know many. But in the interests of countering the trend of promoting a culture of "yes men" and turning down valuable feedback, here is a link to a technique for improving one's income.

https://mekubal.wordpress.com/2011/03/27/segulah-for-parnassa/

Just to explain a couple of things...
  1. Mekubal is the Hebrew word for what others might call a Kabbalist. They are wonder working Rabbis who are able to do things that a person might call magic**.
  2. A Segula according to wonkypedia is: "A segula (Hebrew: סגולה‎, pl. סגולות, segulot, "remedy" or "protection"[1]) is protective or benevolent charm or ritual in Kabbalistic and Talmudic tradition."
** there are a number of words in the Hebrew language for magic and magical practitioner. Just as there are numerous names for different types/species of angels. I generally do not define what magic, mysticism, etc mean because everyone comes with their own baggage in their understanding of these terms. There is actually no word in Hebrew for mysticism.

So anyway, I'll be trying this technique too - just to say whether or not it is a tried and tested technique. I have utmost respect for the blogger whose link was posted above and I believe that if you carry out the technique with faith, humility and do not mix it with other practices foreign to this system - then you will have success.