Sunday, 20 July 2014

Project Update 20 July 2014

It's been awhile since I last reviewed my projects... so here goes:
  • Project TARDIS-AS
    • On hold for next 5 years, due to advice given not to advance practical side of learning with young family.
  • Hebrew Immersion Study Course 
    • Completed. However, the Nevi'im (Prophets) and Ketuvim (Writings) parts was not done. Also, the scope was expanded to include studying Mishnah on a daily basis. I am now half way through studying Nashim and hence on-track for completing the 6 year cycle in 5 years time.
  • Finding a Teacher
    • Recently I was sitting on the bus studying Sefer Yetzirah commentary by Rabbi Moshe Cordovero, when upon completing chapter 2... I asked if it would be possible to find someone else with whom I could share my experiences and learning. "Who did you ask?" would be a sensible question and the truth is: I don't know.
    • However, as a dear friend said recent 'the Universe blinked' and through a series of events whose probability is rather small - I ended up finding a group of like minded people. Let's see if this goes somewhere interesting after my recent attempt to form a group never really got off the ground...
Whilst on the subject of finding a teacher... I just want to take this opportunity to plug Josephine McCarthy's and Frater Achers' new free magic training course: Quareia, a Magical School for the 21st Century. If you find the initial teachings useful, I recommend that you show your support by helping fund the creation of the course if you are able.