Monday, 14 October 2013

Watcher from Multiple Angles

A useful technique that I have used on many occasions in the past with regards to geopolitics is to read about the same story from lots of different news sources. It is really helpful to see what bias each news source has and what information they are and are not reporting on. Sometimes the absence of a particular news story is more telling than the story reported with the usual disinformation and distortions of context in terms of history, politics, etc.

I have in the past tried to apply the same technique when it comes to researching similar topics in Kabbalah, Western Mystery Traditions and other paths. Whilst the intrusion of an author's ego, bias and prejudices may be relatively easy to detect, the accuracy of the information is in my experience a lot harder to verify. And some topics are so ancient that it gets really hard to use linguistic archeology or other techniques to strip away the layers.

One of the more obscure topics that I have so far had little success investigating involves the Watcher angels. Two conflicting sources of information that I have come across recently are Gordon's Rune Soup blog and Rabbi Ariel Bar Tzadoks koshertorah.com site. For example, compare the archonology series by Gordon with this much, much shorter essay on Watchers by Rabbi Bar Tzadok.

To understand the former takes in my view a detailed understanding of Gnosticism, about which I don't know much. To grasp the latter takes a detailed understanding of Angelic lore in Kabbalah, about which I don't know much either.

Every Angel has a given role, some heal, others destroy
So having established my ignorance on both fronts and not feeling very amused by either (to misquote a Croft villain), the thing that matters to me how to act on the knowledge? After all, we've got a physical body that operates in a physical world. Hence I believe we're supposed to act on the physical plane.

I am left with a whole host of questions and few answers. Too many sources which are cloudy mirrors and messages from non-human sources which have become garbled by ego and agendas. As well as fistful of questions... I have the vague sense of unease that despite all the incorrect predictions of the past, things may indeed moving at an accelerated pace now.