Thursday, 11 July 2013

Get Moving and Be Still

Get Moving

The summer is in full swing in the Northern Hemisphere and things look like they are slowing down. But they don’t need to slow down, in fact now more than ever is a time to leap ahead with wild abandon and take your practice up to a whole other level.

Jow for example is already on this wavelength. The more people who get in to this – the faster we’ll all advance. That advice in particular is for Mr. Black. I know that you’re going through a slow phase at the moment – but I’m confident that you’ll pull out of it soon and come out all guns blazing.

The blogosphere is not an egregore in my opinion, it’s too fragmented. But we do bounce off each other enough to move forwards, backwards or sideways in to unexpected new avenues on our individual paths.

Stillness

Anyway, I got a bit side-tracked at the start of this blog post… on to the main subject matter.

Stillness.

There is a scene in the 1984 film Dune in which there is water dripping ever so slowly in to an underground reservoir. Watching that scene gave me an immense feeling of stillness that I have not managed to recapture since… until I went to a talk by Dolores Ashcroft-Nowicki at Treadwells bookshop. Sitting in the room with her gave me that same sense of stillness.


Fast forward a couple of weeks and I’ve put out a psychic call to Rabbi Abraham Abulafia to get in touch, or to at least get someone alive today to get in touch in order to help me along my path. I follow this up with a few emails and sure enough I get a response.

The advice that I get from this living teacher is to spend more time in stillness post-meditation.

It seems silly looking back how I did not realise the importance of that before… The Rabbi’s teach that when the patriarch Abraham and matriarch Sarah heard the instruction to leave their place of residence in Haran and move to the land of Canaan – that advice was not for them in particular.

It was the small still voice as heard in Elijah’s prophetic experience that all of humanity is able to tune in to if they cultivate a sufficient level of emptiness and stillness. To leave one's place of comfort, old ways behind and strive to connect Divine without as a society settling on the worship of intermediaries as was common at that time.


Anyway... Unfortunately I have not been able to focus on meditation due to a recent illness, but that is a blog post for another time.

Be well… Be still.