Monday, 15 April 2013

Boundaries and Practice


Don't worry, this is not a blog post about crossing boundaries or being transgressive. Mainly because I don't understand what the word transgressive means.

Every week my wife and I study a small snippet from the Shulchan Aruch (literally Ordered Table, i.e. code of law) and the last section we studied detailed the different categories of domains. Such as the public and private domain.

In a recent email discussion the topic of boundaries also came up. Seeing as I don't believe in synchonicity, I thought it would be useful to blog a couple of my thoughts on this topic.

* The personal boundaries that we have in Western society is something that I find quite peculiar.
* In my worldview, the world in which we live is very porous in terms of its contact with other realms.
* In fact our bodies too are very porous, entities can and do penetrate your being
* Our minds extend beyond the limits of our head and as the Rambam says, you are where your thoughts are
* If this is the case, who am I and where are the limits of my being?

This question is one that has been on my mind for awhile. I don't have an absolute sense of where my boundaries are and my recent experience of channeling power highlighted that this is tied in to my lack of sense of boundaries. I do not know how much power I can channel. It feels like a lot, but it might only be a small amount.

So in order to answer this question, I will be re-doubling my efforts to meditate on a regular basis and do a series of mini-projects to channel ever greater amounts of power. My untilmate goal is to be able to channel power to an entire city, Detroit to be specific.


I have no idea why I feel drawn to that city or what my connection to it is other than a desire to bring regeneration and rebirth. It's just a feeling and before I attempt that - I need to know my boundaries better and become stronger. Wish me luck!