Tuesday, 5 March 2013

Some video diversions...

At the weekend I was involved in a discussion of Jewish history between 4th and 6th centuries CE, that led to a discussion about the rise and fall of empires. The main speaker at the informal gathering mentioned that he believed empires often had a late surge before they declined.

This finally led to someone very special to me recommending that I watch the following video.



Normally I'd just pot a link on Facebook, but the speaker's emphasis on learning reminded me of RO's comments on ability to learn in a recent blog post.

Educate yourself... all the time! Learn how you learn best and play to your strengths.

This video below is just for fun. It reminds me of how it feels sometimes to meditate on the Hebrew letters... Sefer Yetzira (Book of Creation) 1:6

Ten Sefirot of Nothingness
Their vision is like the "appearance of lightning
Their limit has no end
And His Word in them is "running and returning"
They rush to His saying like whirlwind
And before His throne they prostrate themselves