Tuesday, 12 June 2012

New Project: Spotless Sunshine of the Eternal Mind

It’s raining and it's cold outside. This is mid-June in London 2012.

The past couple of years have had such little rainfall that a drought order was imposed in many counties in England. Now it seems that there is no end in sight to the continuing rainfall.

Personally I blame Gordon for this as he wanted to break a drought. I take no responsibility for any action that I might have taken with regards to Drought Mitigation Strategies. No sirree, nothing to do with me, move along please. This Trainee Golem Builder is almost exclusively an armchair occultist.

In fact, I don’t believe that I have any influence on the weather what-so-ever. On the other hand, I do engage in meditation and practices to try to influence the weather. If that seems like a contradiction then you would be 100% correct in coming to that conclusion. The thing is, it’s my view that any would-be Golem Builder should take a leaf out of The White Queen’s book and try to believe in 6 impossible things before breakfast.


There’s impossible and then there’s really impossible. I’m not quite sure what that means, but it makes for a nice catch-phraee. Anyway, back to the topic of the post...

It’s cold and wet and I want to have some sunshine before the summer is over. Hence I will be engaging in a sun-dance and meditating on verses in the Tanach relating to sunshine.

Previous experience has shown that trying to influence the weather can have quite dramatic results. For example, asking for rain could result in a month’s worth of rain in a single day. But as I said before, I take no responsibility or credit for any such occurrences. It’s impossible after all to influence the weather, isn’t it?