Friday, 10 June 2011

Terra Firma, Shoes and Inner Blind Spots


I don’t believe in moments of Serendipity. Rather I believe that the Divine is trying to communicate to us all the time. It’s just that most of the time we’re not sufficiently tuned in enough to pick up the message. And when we do, there’s the risk that our egos filter the information in such a way that the meaning may well get lost leaving just a feeling of contact with no actual message.

Anyway, the reason that I bring this up is that I’m trying to work on this tuning in. I don’t have an exact plan for this aside from prayer three times per day and meditation once per day. I’ll also be re-reading “Living in Divine Space” by Rabbi Ginsburgh to see how to incorporate this in to my moment to moment living (ok, it’s a big project and may take some time).

Anyway, whilst reading through blogs today I came across three whose messages struck a chord with me. They were the following:


Rufus re-iterated to me the importance of having my feet on the ground.

Rabbi Ginsburgh explained the importance of putting on the right shoe first, next the left shoe and tying the left shoelaces followed by the right. It’s something I’ve done for years but never bothered to ask why.

Finally the Reluctant Agilist showed by way of example that sometimes we’re the ones conning ourselves through our own blind spots.


Can I be sure that I’m reading the right message from this sequence of posts? Or am I connecting the dots in such a way as to come to a misleading conclusion? I don’t know. But if I keep practicing looking for the lessons of each experience, then (it is my hope that) at least on some occasions I’ll get it right.