Tuesday, 21 June 2011
Addicted to Magic?
I’ve started reading "Addictive Thinking: Understanding Self Deception" by Abraham J Twerski, M.D. and it has an interesting list of questions to find out if the reader is addicted to drinking. The author in fact replaces the word drinking in the list of questions with thinking to get the reader to consider how their thinking affects their addiction.
This reminded me of a post from the Scribbler about guitar playing where he points the Danger of Getting Obsessed.
Just for fun and to hopefully get you thinking about this same list, here is it replicated from pp33 “Chapter 4: Confusing Cause and Effect” with the word thinking replaced with doing magic.
Are you an Addicted Magician?
1. Do you lose time from work due to doing magic?
2. Is doing magic making your home life unhappy?
3. Have you ever felt remorse after doing magic?
4. Have you gotten into financial difficulties as a result of doing magic?
5. Does your doing magic make you careless of your family's welfare?
6. Has your ambition decreased since doing magic?
7. Does doing magic cause you to have difficulty sleeping?
8. Has your efficiency decreased since doing magic?
9. Is doing magic jeopardizing your job or business?
10. Do you think to escape worries or troubles?