Thursday, 14 April 2011

The Rufus Opus Mention Phenomena


Being a Project Manager, from time to time I get a bit obsessed about metrics, statistics and data in general. One of the features that www.blogspot.com provides for bloggers is statistics on page views.

Now I’ll be the first to admit that this blog entitled “Trainee Golem Builder” is a bit obscure even for esoteric and project management standards. In fact, the way I like to visualize the potential overlap between the two is as follows:


To be honest, I was expecting to run out of things to blog about in the first three months. But for reasons that are still becoming clear to me there does not appear to be an end to the number of topics left to be posted about.

Anyway, when I started blogging back in October of last year (2010) there were very few people who read this blog. That was fine with me as it’s really a place for me to tinker with ideas and keep my interest in project management and magic & mysticism alive.

However, this week my blog got a mention (with a link) on a blog belonging to Rufus Opus. Since his blog is much, much more popular than mine, here is the effect that the mention in his blog had on my stats. I call this the “Rufus Opus Mention Phenomena”:



As you can see, a single spike and then back to business as usual :-)