Thursday, 7 April 2011

Project Update: Not Winning in March 2011


It’s been awhile since my last project update and that is mainly because I have only one project going, which happens to be a research project. It had been my hope that by creating this blog I’d actually do more experiential learning and do more practical stuff but that’s not working out as planned.

However, since having been told by my wife that I’m not very practical I have done some home improvements, gardening and baked bread (almost every week). None the less, these things are not helping me grow as a Trainee Golem Guilder.

Here is the latest chart of my reading rate comparing expected page count against actual:

Understanding the Merkavah User Manual in 2000 pages or less


Amulet Creation Challenge to Self

Rather than leave this update as a “I failed to achieve much last month”, I’ll set myself a new challenge. Jacobus Swart recently described how to create an amulet using a peiece of wood cut from a fruit tree in to which is inserted a Holy name. This technique is based on Moses Zacutto's "Shorshei ha-Shemot”. See Jacobus’ blog entry here for a more detailed explanation and instructions.

If I’ve not created this amulet by the end of May, I’ll eat my hat. Since my hat is made of wool it’s unlikely to taste good unless dipped in cholocate and ice cream.