This Sunday is the festival of Purim, you can read all about it at Wikipedia. It’s to celebrate surviving the threat of physical destruction (as opposed to surviving the threat of spiritual destruction by the Greeks, which is celebrated with the festival of Channukah).
To get you in the mood for Purim, here is a recipe for Hamantashen.
Here are the usual Open Thread questions:
- What would you like to see more of?
- What would you like to see less of?
- Which topic would you like to see more detail in?
- Would you like to see more book reviews, occult lecture write-ups, practical guidance on Kabbalistic meditation techniques, translations of works of Kabbalah?
- Which articles are pitched at the right level for you and which assume too much background knowledge on the part of the reader?
- Are you interested in being a guest bloggers? If so, please leave a comment.
- Are you interested in participating in an occult bloggers carnival?
Recently there were two very interesting discussions in the blogosphere about syncretism and energy / consciousness that could be labelled as an unintended bloggers carnival. I say unintended as it was not planned but rather spontaneous. Now imagine what would happen if a topic was chosen and then everyone posts at once! An explosion of dialogue on esoteric topics that normally only happens at occult conferences, pub meets or occult bookshop talks (such as Treadwells).
Search Query Inspired Posts (SQIPS)
One curious thing that I’ve discovered since starting this blog in October last year is that some interesting Google search queries have pointed people to this blog. For example: “agile self regenerating golems”.
Since there’s no way for me to work out who these queries have originated from, I’ve decided to use them as a source of inspiration for creating new blog entries. It’s a kind of unintended feedback channel that may throw up some interesting discussions.
So starting next week I will create a post once a month based on a search query that has landed some poor sod at this blog.