Work has been pretty toxic as of late, not the people or the projects under development – but due to the constant uncertainty about the future of the organization within which I am employed. Each time I hear a piece of news the tower of my motivation crumbles a little bit and today I find myself standing amidst the ruins. I’d previously decided not to stay in a recent re-organization, but then got talked in to staying on.
Today my plan for a better future begins.
Following the Plan-Do-Check-Act simple process, it would make sense to make a plan. However, before I get started with that I find it helpful to do a stock check of where I’m at before moving off to where I want to be.
- Project Manager with 6 years experience in multinational company
- Previous to that had a technical background and have experience of full project lifecycle from technical as well as management perspectives
- Trainee Golem Builder with some (largely theoretical) knowledge of Kabbalah and Jewish Mysticism
- Weakness include only project managed in one company, plus lack of practical experience of Kabbalah
Future desirable status:
- Project Manager (or similar role) at a higher salary in a different organization
- Some revival of technical skills whether needed for work or for personal use
- Mastery of Hebrew, proven by ability to pick up most books & manuscripts and be able to translate and understand their contents.
- A kick-ass skill-set on my CV as a Trainee Golem Builder including knowledge of:
- Elazar of Worms’ instructions on golem building
- How to adjure an angel
- Writing an amulet
- At least 25 segulot (an action that is expected to lead to an alteration of one’s natural fortune)
- Translation of at least one book by Abraham Abulafia